Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, October 02, 2006

Dear Hair...

I have wanted to have a talk with you a while but I am so upset by what is going on between us that I feel my feelings are best represented in a letter. Hair, you used to be my great asset.

If I didn't like my outfit, I would think, "Well, at least I have good hair." It was cute, fun, easy, and a real joy to have on my head. Of course, it was always a tinge thick - but I was always able to work it out. Short or long, I had a nice head of hair.
Fast forward one year later...and I have Tommy. Suddenly the hormones have mysteriously and inexplicably made you incredibly thick and curly. Very, very creepishly curly. Now, I am shunned by it when I go to the bathroom and catch a glimpse. I am at a loss for style and products. Hair, you have let me down. I don't know what to do. Will you work with me, for the love of god, and drop about 5 pounds of your curly fro? I just want my old hair back. O.k. so this is a lovely family shot and all...but check out the pubes on my mom haircut. Hair...please have mercy. Cause god knows I know longer have cute outfits to make up for the lame hair.

Love, your owner, Sarah

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, so you are seeing yourself differently than the rest of the world. What I wouldn't give for a cute short cut with hair that had some body. I have tried the short cut - very similar to yours, a million times and my hair is naturally fuzzy. So as you can imagine, it doen't go over well. The the maintenance is more than when it is at it's longest. I like it... and I mean it, unlike all of those crazies that told you know who that hers was fab.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

I love you just the way you are - however you are.....So why the long face, Sarah?!?!?!? HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha...oh no you di 'int Amanda..and three words for that 'do: Not So Cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger