Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Conversations with a Toddler...

(As a mexi-bake meal is presented to Lucy)
Lucy: "We're eating mexican! Ole!!!" (have never said "Ole!" to her in my life...)

(As I tell her I love her for the 50th time that day)
Lucy: "Mom...Don't! Don't love me anymore!"
Me: "I have to Luce...it's my job!"

(As I go get her after day #2 of playing during naptime..)
Me: "Hey Luce..why is Mikette* in the laundry basket?"
Lucy: "She was hitting and being not nice" (apparently her laundry basket is her "time out" location).

Lucy: "My boobs are for feeding Tommy, Mom."
Me: "No Lucy, only mom feeds Tommy. But someday you will be a mom and maybe you will feed a baby with your boobs."
Lucy: "Oookay..." (all disappointed).


*FYI: There are 5 babies that go up and down the stairs with Lucy during nap and bedtime. We call them the "Tier 1" babies. These include, in order of importance (as I see it): Dora, Baby Darlene with headband, Baby Choo Choo with pacifier, Snow White from Italy, Snow White Dora, and Mikette. Mikette has also been stripped of her clothing for reasons unknown. "Tier 2" babies are in her stroller and include, in no particular order: Nelly, Laeesha, Froggy, Princess Dora and Noisy.

4 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, so I'm getting a little bummed here... I haven't been able to read your blog for several days. It's like half of the page is cut off - so all of your stories I can only read the first few words of each sentence. Funny. Anyone else having these problems??
AZ

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

I can see the whole thing...wonder why it's not working for AZ?
This last post is hysterical - keep em comin'!! I LOVE to read them!!!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hmm..it's looking fine to me right now. I was messing with it (trying to get ads on there correctly) so maybe you saw it when I was fiddling with it? Hope it's working now?! :)

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, yeah, you are back! Weird... think it's been like that for me since last week. Anyway, she is a hoot! I love it. BTW, coffee would definitely not be internet creepy! We will definitely be out your way for the holidays... probably the week after Christmas. I'll email you.
AZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger