Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Choices We Make...


Lucy has become really good at playing "pretend" lately. It's nice for me, because she can actually entertain herself in self-play for quite a while, instead of constantly needing me to assist and/or entertain. Yesterday morning, she came into the family room and told me she was "painting the walls." Umm..yeah..I decided to see what she meant by that. She was using a barbecue basting brush (yep, she considers that a toy and we let her), and pretending to brush the wall. Since I can see where this could go, per her artistic interpretation of painting with a night light on her bedroom walls, I told her that probably wasn't a good idea. She thinks a minute and comes back with:
"Ohh...okay Mom..how about the floor? That's a good choice!"
I guess our technique of offering "two choices" is really sinking in. Thoughtful problem-solving by a 2-year-old. I like it!

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I love your Lucy stories. She is hilarious. And the picture... she is so darn cute! Love the costume!
AZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger