Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

You Make Me Happy..When Skies Are Grey...

Tommy has a thing for James Blunt. Seriously. I have a saved TiVo'd Oprah with James Blunt performing. Sometimes when it's just the two of us hanging out, I'll throw it on and he is butt happy. Must be because he is staring into my eyes and all he can think of is, "You're Beautiful!" mother...ha ha...
Lucy loves Coldplay and James Taylor. She Be-bops in the back of the car to it all the time. Well, as much as you can Be-bop to Coldplay. It might be more of a carseart swagger as Chris Martin moans, "Lights will guuiiiddee you home..."
This morning we were running and the sun began to shine through the trees. I mentioned this to Luce and without pausing, she just broke out into the entire first verse of "You Are My Sunshine." She knew every word and even the key to sing it in. It was so sweet and so instant upon mentioning the sun. I haven't sang that song to her in a while and she knew every word. I used to sing it to her at bedtime her entire first year of life. For some reason, it always made me feel all weepy and sentimental when I did that.
For every tantrum that drives me nuts, there are 100 moments like this where I beam with pride and almost well up with tears over the cuteness and innocence.

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

Those two little kids are definitely GIFTS to all of us who know and love them!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

You can't fool me - that askinstoo is a blog stalker!!!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Sorry this doesn't relate to this post... I stumbled across your blog after visiting SJ's and was reading some of your old posts. Annnyyyywaaay... short story long- your post about your dog is hilarious. Going through it right now with my dog. She's making me nuts. I threaten her on a daily basis - that I'm calling the pound. Ok, enough about me. Good to find more funny mom blogs out there.
AZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger