Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, September 18, 2006

Umm...sick day please?

I am giving myself permission to whine today! I am SICK today with sour stomach/abdominal cramping/on the verge of hurling but not quite-type feelings. You can't call in sick when you are a mom. It sucks...all I want to do is go into full on fetal position on the bed with Mtv and some Ginger Ale!! Instead I had to haul children to a baby library class and act lovely and cheery while meeting new moms and trying to make it fun for the kiddos. Matt is 2 hours away visiting doctors so he can't help at the moment. It is just annoying...so I shall try and ignore it as much as possible and eat bland, carby things like a soft pretzel. I have been through worse..like when 14 month old Lucy suddenly dropped her morning nap in month 2 of my pregnancy with Tommy. I had such bad morning sickness I would cry whe I woke up. I always think back to that month and think, if I survived that...I can do anything. Ridiculous but true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger