Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, September 04, 2006

Summer Lovin'...Had Me a Blast...

We are back from our finale trip in our camper over Labor Day Weekend. It was probably a day too long and Lucy was waaay burnt out, so that caused some issues. She had a few emotional breakdowns throughout the weekend. We are talking headache provoking...always lots of sweating...embarrasing..award winning...people staring...carrying her around while sobbing...not sure if friends understood what her deal was...multiple "time outs"...trouble with sharing...my mom is thinking "paybacks are hell"...exhausted and off the daily routine and can't take it anymore...could perhaps star on "One Life to Live" next week...kind of breakdowns.
But instead of wasting time writing all those details down and focusing on the negative, I thought I'd highlight some great moments of the weekend:
*The girls playing "family" with Lucy. One older girl told her to be "the sister" and she didn't know what to do. She stood there all confused and nervous. Then, she just walked on up to "the mom" and was all butt happy when "mom" put her arm around her and walked her around. She was shocked and excited with a big ole smile on her face.
*Seeing Lucy and Matt try fishing together off a dock with her Snow White fishing pole.
*Lucy learning to PEDAL her little tricycle with Daddy! So proud!!
*Tommy sitting up on the beach blanket all by himself for the first time! It was only for a few moments but still a milestone for the books!
*Laughing our guts out at the bonfire
*Staying up until midnight almost every night! Shocking for me!
*Visiting an ice cream shop named Moomers. We went there every day and they even have cows right outside in the dairy farm. Lucy thought it was the coolest!
Summer 2006 - you have been a good one. One for the books, I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger