Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Oh Sweet Lord It's Called 9 Hours STRAIGHT!!!

Well, we have instituted some "sleep training" over here...haven't wanted to mention it because it was going too well and I didn't want to jinx it. Anyways...Tommy turns 6 months old this weekend and he was continuing to still get up once a night to nurse. Sometimes at 5 a.m., sometimes 1 a.m. No rhyme or reason to it...and I was really starting to believe it was just becoming a habit. I base this on the fact that he HAS slept from 9 - 7 about 10 times in his 6 months..and when he wakes up, he isn't really crying..just kind of giving "shout outs," if you will. I wasn't emotionally feeling it in my heart that it was the right time to break him of this until this week hit. So we gave it a go..Monday night he woke up at midnight. He had a big bowl of rice cereal, a nip at the boob AND 6 ounces of fomula 2.5 hours earlier so I KNEW he wasn't hungry. He cried off and on for about 40 minutes. It sucked hearing him cry because the kid is never sad. Matt went in every 5 minutes or so to reassure him, but it seemed to just work him up and frustrate him more. Once he stopped he slept for 7 MORE HOURS and woke up at 7:30. Proof that it is habit!! Whooo! The next night, only 20 minutes of crying/yelling out and back to sleep until 5:30 a.m. O.k. I can handle that. Last night - SLEPT FROM 9 p.m. - 7 a.m!!!!! Matt heard him make some noise for about 3 or 4 minutes (I vaguely remember this in my happy sleep state) and I basically got 9 hours of sleep IN A ROW!!! We'll see how tonight goes but I am pretty psyched! Hard to believe Lucy (the skinny little thing) was doing that at 3 months old! We were soooo spoiled! Anyway, GO TOMMY!!

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Congrats!! JZ has been finally sleeping through the night too! I know (and love) that feeling of waking up after him not waking up through the night... so great. Go Tommy!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ahhh hahaha...nip..nip....

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the night time wonderfulness of the little chubbaroo continues!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger