Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Can You Freeze Frame Forever?

I talk a lot about how I wish I could push "pause" on my life so the kids are always this adorable and little and cute! I just can't help feeling that way all the time. I mean, my life is sometimes stressful and a lot of work with a lot of sweating. And yet, it just keeps on flying by. Yesterday at dinner, Matt mentioned how Tommy would be sitting in a chair eating grown up food and talking next year at this time. That stressed me out. I was all, "I don't want him to be doing that! It goes tooo fast!"
Lucy goes to school now and doesn't even look back at me as she heads into the classroom. I am so dang proud of her, yet there is this little tinge of sadness in my chest.
Tommy is sitting up and eating peas. His 6-9 month clothes are fitting just right! I was just at the hospital having him! How does this happen?
Then there's the latest in Lucy antics..like telling me on our run last week that she is "proud of Daddy for vacuuming while we are gone," or asking Matt last night "where is that shadow from Dad? (looking at the curtain)" Concepts that are way beyond her 27 months...
There's some quote out there that goes something like, "the best gift you can give your children is a home with rich roots to come back to, and wings to fly." I know I am getting it wrong but you know what I mean. I totally believe that whole heartedly - but when Lucy's stepping into her classroom or Tommy reaches another milestone, I can't help but think..."STOP EVERYTHING!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger