Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Big Day!!


What an exciting day! We have signed Lucy up for a little 2-year old nursery school program this year. She had her "school" orientation this morning at 9 a.m. and boy was it a HIT!!! I felt good that she was so prepared and so happy in her little backpack. We took photos in front of the living room mantle. I think this will be the location for all the "first day of school" shots every year and this year was the first one! I continue to be impressed with this school and I am one tough critic, as I used to work for a national child care company and have seen A LOT (good and bad). The teacher and aides were all wonderful and happy to see Lucy. They went out of their way to interact with her and make her feel comfortable. It doesn't hurt that it is a brand new location and everything is clean and new. There is a playroom that is her DREAM...it has tons of baby items, strollers, high chairs, etc. Also dress-up clothes, a full vanity with pretend make-up, etc. It is a little girls dream and Lucy is no exception! Just as expected, she is geeked about school. As we walked the halls, she was saying, "Hey Mom Look! Clifford!" "Oh my gosh! Kids!" She was just sooo happy and feeling very cool. I also liked watching her interact with the teachers. She answered their questions right away and was not shy at all. She jumped in and colored, played, and even sat on my lap quietly while Ms. G talked to the parents. What a big girl..I am so proud!! Although I am big talk today because it was only for 45 minutes and I was able to stay the whole time. I am sure next week will be hard to say goodbye. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

The picture in front of the fireplace is a poignant beginning as it brings back so many memories and "first day" pictures in front of the fireplace for two other excited, smiling little girls.....Thank goodness we get to have our memories...and then get to "continue the tradition" - but it is true: all comes and goes so fast...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger