Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Super Dupe Tuesdee!

Tommy..can you seriously believe this was our day?

Yesterday started like any other day...Lucy had her waffle in her high chair and enjoyed Sesame Street. I fed Tommy and got him dressed. We had plans with my Mom, all was going well. And then, something went wrong..very, very wrong. It has come to our attention that Luce is going through "something." I think there is a developmental "shift" going on in her little brain. I cannot see it all occuring from the outside, but I can sense it. She is struggling with finding her independence, yet needing me close by. She wants to explore and discover, but wants Mom and Dad within view. So she has started saying "no" more often, testing, etc. Thus is the life of a 26 month old.
However, yesterday morning, things seemed to come to a head in her little brain and heart. She began sobbing when I went to remove her high chair tray and could not get herself back together emotionally. After 30 minutes of this, I managed to get her dressed and in the car and off to our morning of fun. On the way home, this smart cookie started her procrastination tactics, as usual. "Movie, Mom? Cookie? Juice? Book? Read story to me?" "Sorry Luce..but you know what comes next. Night night time."
More sobbing...not listening, not cooperating. Physically having to take her upstairs myself while she kicks and screams. LOTS of sweating on both our parts as she sobbed through a poopy diaper change (poop flying as I held her down!), two stories, two songs, and kisses goodbye. I felt horrible as I left her in this state. Her face was soaked with tears and she was so stricken by life. She was hugging me yet angry at me yet unsure of why she was crying in the first place. What a rough deal..to be two.
Tommy and I came back down and quietly tried to recuperate from what happened. Tylenol for me...Ultrasaucer fun for him. As I was checking my email, I looked over at Tommy and noticed some sort of LIQUID under the saucer. That's right..green poop water dripping down his pant leg and forming a puddle under the saucer.
In true Scout fashion, she dove for it like it was a pork tenderloin. I grabbed her by the back of her neck and threw her outside. Diaper change, full wipe down, naked baby time, antibacterialize the saucer. More sweating.... At the end of it all, I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe how butt ugly I was..the sweating ..the flailed hair...the headache. And I asked myself, "Did that SERIOUSLY ALL JUST HAPPEN?" Someone get me a Bloody Mary PRONTO.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Motherhood. Does it get any better??????????????

....I must say, reminiscent of another little girl I once knew!!!!!!!!!

You did great under a very trying day!
Good for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger