Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The "New" Normal is Going Well!

Summer 2006 has really surprised me. We have done a TON of fun things...way more than I thought we would, based on the current situation. I guess when I was up worrying at 3 a.m. during my second pregnancy, I envisioned us in lockdown or something. I just had a hard time imagining how we would do things or get into a "new" routine. Or maybe I just didn't know what Tommy would be all about, like maybe he'd be a colicky baby who was not good on the go. Or I would always be exhausted because of no sleep. Oh, don't be mistaken - I am exhausted, but not from little sleep. It is from my fourth rendition of a dance routine that Lucy has taught me. I don't know why I worried about this - in reality, everything has been easier than I imagined it would be with two very little kids. Looking back on how the past 5 months have gone, I am pretty happy with it all. I am excited that we have used our pop-up camper. I am glad we have done the road trips we have done (even though my head almost exploded with two of them). I am glad we did the week up north with my family and it wasn't as hard of work as I thought it might be. I am glad the kids and I get out almost every day and do something fun. I am proud that Lucy has basically shown nothing but love for "brother Tommy." I am proud of the new friends I have made through play group and that has really enhanced my daily life. We are headed on our second camping trip this weekend - should be a great time with some friends and Matt's family. More good times ahead. And to that I say, WHOOOO! And so does magical, adorable, rice cereal loving, ridiculously cute, large headed, still liking to get up once a night to eat, chubby thighed, 5 months old on Thursday Tommy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger