Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Early Morning Dates...

Lately, Tommy has usually been sleeping until 7:30 a.m. or later...but this morning he was up at 6:30 a.m. He does this every now and then. I actually enjoy when he is my human alarm clock. I love to sneak into his room and be his first smile of the morning. I swoop him up and we head downstairs for our special morning time together. He patiently sits on the couch staring at me while I let the dog out and get myself that first, fantastic cup of coffee. Once we settle, I will feed him and change him. Then, he sits with me and we smile and talk to each other. Sometimes I sing to him or read him a book. Sometimes I just lay down with him on a blankie and let him play with my hair. Sometimes he just sits in my lap, with his arm around me like he is hugging me. It is the greatest thing in the world and I find myself thinking - soak up every minute of this. It's hard, only 2 years later, to remember Lucy at this age. That's why I try and write a lot of the daily "stuff" down on this blog - so I don't forget and so they can read it someday. I was telling a friend last night, that when Lucy was 0-3 months, time seemed to crawl by. Maybe because it's not my most favorite baby stage. Or maybe it was because she was a non-efficient breastfeeder and I spent most of that time on a couch. Or maybe because I didn't know yet how quickly that phase is gone. Regardless, I can't believe Tommy is almost 5 months old. I find myself doing the opposite now - willing time to slow down and for this stage to never pass. While I've never thought of myself as a real "baby person" (whatever that means), I'm confident with babies now and know all Tommy's signals, needs, likes, dislikes, etc. I want the baby phase to go on and on because Tommy is my last baby. I want to always remember these mornings when he was so in love with me and I loved getting woken up too early to have our special dates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger