Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Better Watch Your Back at the Grocery...

My friends and I laugh lately at how "bold" some of us are becoming in our 30's. Meaning, we have a tendency to not take a lot of crap from people anymore and you stop the appeasing of others at all times. For example, I used to be a big "yes person." I used to tell people I would do things, even when I didn't want to. I would make a decision so as to "not hurt other people's feelings." I am getting over that. This isn't to say we are all becoming bitchier. Just more honest about our feelings instead of sugar coating. My friend and I have this phrase we laugh at. "O.k. well if we are being perfectly honest here..blah blah..." or "You can be perfectly honest with me..." I think it's hilarious, actually, and I like feeling like I have control of what I do and don't do these days.
But sometimes it can go wrong. Very wrong...For example, I can sometimes open up a can of whoop ass on random people in the grocery store parking lot. Yesterday afternoon I had to run out to get diapers with 10 minutes to spare. I was pulling out my SUV from a parking lot and this woman was standing there with her grocery bags. She was waiting to see where I was going and I was waiting for her to move. She just continued to stand there so I backed out and kept it moving. As I passed her, she was giving me this angry and shocked look about one foot from my car, clearly appalled by my actions. All of a sudden I found myself rolling down the window and I said to her face in a flat voice, "Seriously? You're THAT mad about it?" and I sped off! hahahaha...she was stumped by me as I drove away. Who the hell do I think I am? Secretly, it felt really good to call her out on her outlandish reaction. Oh well...I was just being perfectly honest. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger