Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, July 24, 2006

Sometimes it all goes right!

If you would have asked me Friday, I would have told you that today I would have a post detailing all the drama and ridiculousness of our first attempt pop-up camping with the kiddos. Turns out, it went great! Better than I could have ever imagined. Lucy slept great at her end of the camper...so much so that she was kicking me out for bed! She loved playing with our friend's older kids (2, 5, 7 and 8 years old) and is already using new language today like, "Mom? I have a question." Tommy slept like a champ. The parents were actually able to relax a bit, Lake Michigan was beautiful and we enjoyed a super fun beach day. All in all - complete success! Now we are trying to schedule another trip for Labor Day if we can find any availability at a state park. I am excited that this is working and opens up a whole new world for us in summertime fun. I also like to imagine just a few more years from now when the kids can ride bikes and explore and we can check out really neat locations. Yeah for a fun, successful trip!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger