Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, July 10, 2006

Back to reality...

Yesterday we got back from a 7 day luxurious vacation on the east coast of Michigan. It was totally relaxing, as usual - and a great break from the day to day life I lead. I realized on Wednesday of last week (about halfway through the trip) just how tense I must be on most days. I suddenly felt like a ton of bricks had landed on my body as the full relaxation set in. It kind of made me depressed to realize that I am sooo tense in my day to day life. I guess I didn't realize how "on" I am every second with the two kiddos. I just tried to soak in every second up there that I could. So now I sit back in reality. Although sitting is hardly what I've done! I am so glad I chose to clean the house right before I left - for some reason coming home to a clean house makes me feel so much better! This is an exciting week - my good friend is having her baby tomorrow! I am excited for them and their new addition, not to mention having someone else to lament about sleepless nights to. :) Speaking of, Tommy is about to hit 4 months old and his sleeping pattern hasn't really changed since he was 8 weeks old. Going to chat with the pediatrician about that this Friday at our appointment. He still gets up once a night. Sometimes he teases us with two nights in a row of going 10 p.m.-5 a.m., but then he'll throw in a 2:15 or 3:30 a.m. just to knock me back down. :) Perhaps the rice cereal coming his way next week will help. We shall see....ahhh back to reality...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger