Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Unexpected but fun...

So we are winding down a surprisingly fun weekend! I love weekends where you don't have a ton of plans, but loose ones that turn out to be totally fun! Especially those that do not entail me packing and unpacking the family 100 times and driving far, far away. Friday night I went to the gym I am a guest at this week (thanks sister n law!) and did a great run of 2.5 miles. This is BIG for me! We then celebrated our friends finding out they are having a second boy this fall with pizza and pool time for the kids. They seemed to really appreciate the cake and card we brought them. Saturday morning I did a 5 K walk with my mom and girlfriend - and was very impressed (as a former event planner) as to how it all went down and the excessive amount of FREE GOODIES offered at the end of the race. Lucy received her first body painting and thought she was sooo cool. Saturday night we attended the progressive mexican dinner party with neighbors. It ended up being hilarious and fun. Lucy did great - was up until 10 p.m.! I have to admit it made me proud that Matt and I have branched out and feel comforatable with all these new neighbors. I really hope all thse people continue to live around here for a long time because I can forsee the kids having a ton of fun with everyone and they are the type of people you would wish for as neighbors. This morning my mom, the kids and myself all tried out her new country club pool and Lucy loved it! I think there will be a lot of fun mornings there this summer - so that is a good thing!! All in all - just good times...This afternoon I went back to the gym (have I mentioned how inspired I am when I am there??!! If only we were RICH!) and ran 3.5 miles! 35 minutes straight....I can't belive I did it! I am really excited. Who knows, I may be running that 10K next summer - that's my goal anyway. If I can get to the point where I can jog around the lake (4.2 miles) regularly - I will feel like a rock star.

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha...Meg...

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger