Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Babysitter mornings...

In order to stay sane and have some "me time," we hire a babysitter to come to the house one morning a week. These mornings are awesome. I do a variety of things with the time - go for a run, go shopping, get coffee, get lunch with a girlfriend, etc. I daydream about trips I want to take one day, how I want to get my haircut, fitness goals, what I want to be when I grow up, etc. Basically - it's all about me for 3 hours a week and it is a wonderful thing! Today at the mall, I noticed how accustomed I have become to my "new life". I didn't speak to anyone for like 2 hours - can't tell you the last time that happened. I headed to the elevator and realized I didn't have a stroller with me - so I jumped on the escalator! I didn't worry about who needed milk or if I had time to stop and look down one more aisle. I noticed moms with their multiple children in tow looking at me and I wanted to say, "I have 2 kids! This is an illusion! I swear I am not judging you! I am one of you!"
So my point is, it is a fun, freeing morning and I love it. However, I have to admit that I am just as happy as Lucy is to see me when I get out of the car. To hear her yell, "Hi Mom! Happy to see you! Hi! Hi!" - that's about the greatest thing you'll ever hear in your life. I really believe that taking time for yourself makes you a better mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger